If you would like to request a credit rather than a refund please email [email protected] with your reference number.
- We require you to prepay for your bookings and will charge your credit card at the time for the nights you have booked.
- This charge will be made immediately following the acceptance by you of our rooms and prices, subject to these terms and conditions.
- For request bookings, where the booking cannot be confirmed at the time of booking, your credit card will be charged on receipt of your request for accommodation and following confirmation of availability with the specified hostel.
- We quote two prices on our website. These prices are Standard rates and YHA/HI member rates. Standard rates apply to anyone who is not a member of YHA or any other Hostelling International Association worldwide.
- YHA New Zealand members and Hostelling International members receive 10% off the Standard rates. This rate is displayed on our website as Adult YHA/HI member and is per person, per night, unless otherwise stated.
- You will be requested to produce your YHA/HI membership card or photo ID on arrival.
- Children aged under 18 are entitled to free YHA membership and receive YHA/HI member rates.
- Double and twin rooms sleep two people, but may be booked for one person only. However, in this situation you will have to pay the full room rate.
- Prices are quoted in New Zealand dollars, are subject to change without notice, and all guests are required to pay the overnight price current at the time of reservation.
- We will send you a booking confirmation and follow up communications related to your stay to the email address you provided us at the time of booking.
- YHA New Zealand, its staff, contractors, and YHA Franchise and Associate hostels accept no responsibility for personal accidents, injury suffered or loss or damage to personal property while on hostel property. We recommend that all guests hold travel insurance.
- Our minimum recommended age for children in hostels is five years. However, Hostel Managers may accept bookings for younger children provided a family room is available.
- YHA New Zealand, Hostel Managers and staff retain the right to refuse accommodation at any time.
- Should your plans change, please contact either the YHA New Zealand Customer Services team or the hostel directly as soon as possible.
- Whilst we will do our best to ensure you are accommodated in the same room throughout your stay, due to limited availability at time of booking, it may be necessary for you to change rooms. If applicable, you will be advised of this at check-in. You will be accommodated in a room of similar or higher standard to that originally booked.
- Due to limited availability at time of booking, we may provide multi-share accommodation for two or more guests in separate rooms. We will do our best to ensure this does not occur, however should this be necessary we will advise you at check-in.
- During special events, additional terms and conditions may apply. Our cancellation policy is also subject to change during these times.
- To amend any booking a NZ$5.00 amendment fee applies per transaction.
- Regardless of when you booked, any amendments to your date of arrival cannot be made on the day you are due to arrive. This will instead be treated as a same day cancellation, meaning no refund.
- A booking for one hostel can be transferred to another hostel with a minimum notice of 48 hours.
- If you do not advise the hostel you are cancelling, there is no refund for the first night booked. There is also no refund for any subsequent nights booked which you do not cancel.
- YHA does not accept liability for your booking should you make an error in the selection of your booking dates and the above non-arrival condition will apply.
- To cancel any booking a NZ$5.00 cancellation fee applies per transaction.
- Cancellations made due to COVID-19 travel restrictions or border closures will receive either a full refund or full credit for use at another time.
- Bookings made on the day of arrival are non-refundable for the first night if you cancel. Our cancellation rules applies for any subsequent nights.
- Where you cancel a pre-paid booking we will:
- Give you a refund (less NZ$5.00 cancellation fee) if you cancel before 6pm on the day before arrival.
- Not refund you for the first night if you cancel after 6pm on the day before arrival. However we will fully refund you for subsequent nights.
- Where you cancel an unpaid booking, we will charge you a $5.00 cancellation fee.
- If you do not advise us of your cancellation, the non-arrival clause applies.
Refunds for cancelled bookings can be redeemed either by:
- transferring the booking to an advance reservation for another hostel in the YHA New Zealand network.
- Being credited back to the original card debited.