Held in Christchurch at the Novotel Hotel on Saturday, 27 October 2018, attended by 50 members.
- The Friday night dinner also took place at the Novotel Hotel.
- The AGM was successfully live-streamed for the first time to our YHA New Zealand Members Facebook Group. We also presented one of our Honorary Life Members, Gwyn Rogers, with flowers for her 90th Birthday.
The Chair advised that John Hammond had been nominated posthumously for an Honorary Life Membership. The Chief Executive and National Secretary presented the certificate to John's wife, Erin, in the following months.
2018 Election Results
National Board Members: Hayley Groves and Mark Ebrey were elected for three year terms.
Dispute Resolution: The notice of motion in relation to the Dispute Resolution clause was passed with 85% of votes in favour.
Honorary Vice-Presidents: As no nominations had been received, these positions remain vacant.
These will be confirmed at the 2019 AGM. Read draft 2018 AGM Minutes
Held in Wellington at the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa on Saturday, 28 October 2017, attended by 68 members.
- The Friday night dinner took place at the Copthorne Hotel.
- The major discussion points were the new hostel being constructed at Lake Tekapo, the future of YHA Opoutere, the future of membership, and the timeframes for the next full review of the Constitution.
Avis Robertson received the Distinguished Service Award. Gordon Solloway accepted it on her behalf, from Board Member Hayley Tribble.
2017 Election Results
National Board Members: Jaya Prasannan and Ken Griffin were elected for three year terms.
Honorary Vice-Presidents: Dave Berry and Bruce Ward were elected unopposed.
Held in Auckland at the Mercure Hotel on Saturday, 29 October 2016, attended by 58 members.
- The Friday night dinner took place at the Mercure Hotel.
- The AGM attendees were the first guests at YHA Auckland City after its major refurbishment. Hostel Manager Steve Collier organised a hostel tour for all interested parties and enjoyed the positive feedback.
Board Member Kevin Brewer presented a Certificate of Merit to Barbara Pollard from Auckland.
2016 Election Results
National Board Members: Ray Salter and Darren Burden were elected for three year terms.
Honorary Vice-Presidents: Dave Berry, Bruce Ward and Harry Guitry were all elected unopposed.