YHA New Zealand values your privacy and take every step to ensure that your information remains confidential. This statement discloses what information we gather, how we use it, and how to correct or change it. We will comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act (1993) when dealing with your personal information.
Collecting your information
We do not collect private or personal information from this website, except where you willingly provide it. Additionally, if you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email and postal addresses
- Billing or purchase information
We collect this information in order to:
- Complete bookings through our secure server
- Respond to communications from you, including any requests or complaints
- Provide services and products to you, including newsletters and voting documents.
Obtaining your consent
We will obtain your consent for us to use your personal data. We will use it in accordance with this website privacy statement.
Sharing your information
We will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information except when we have your permission. We will never rent or sell your personal information.
We share information with:
- Mailchimp, if you choose to receive YHA newsletters
- A Returning Officer, should you choose to vote in our annual elections
- A person who can require us to supply your information (for example, a regulatory authority)
- Any person who is authorised by you
Protecting your information
All transactions and membership data collection are carried out over a secure certified site. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. We restrict staff access to credit card details. We will remove your information from our systems once it is no longer required for your booking.
While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via email or customer response form.
Storing your information
We keep your information safe by storing it securely in our New Zealand based data centre and only allowing certain staff to see it.
When you become a YHA member, your contact details and membership preferences are stored for the duration of your membership, plus:
- Two years after expiry for New Zealand resident members
- One year after expiry for International members
Viewing or updating your information
You have a right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you.
You may edit any personal information by contacting us via phone or email. Your information can be updated, corrected, or deleted at your request at any time.
- To enable the use of the secure booking and membership ordering process
- To identify whether you are a returned user and may have products stored from a previous visit
- To enable the use of Google Analytics for general website statistical measurements or marketing purposes. You can opt out of Google Analytics tracking via https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- To enable the use of the Share This application to allow users to share pages of interest across their own social media platforms
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to our Corporate Service Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org or + 64 (0)3 379 9970.
Updating this statement
We will review this statement regularly and if it changes, we will communicate this via our website.