Hostel Booking Terms and Conditions
- All bookings are required to be prepaid. Your credit card will be charged for the confirmed nights.
- When booking a YHA New Zealand Hostel this charge will be made immediately following the acceptance by you of the rooms and prices, subject to YHA New Zealand's terms and conditions presented on the website.
- For request bookings (where the booking cannot be confirmed at the time of booking) your credit card will be charged on receipt of your request for accommodation and following confirmation of availability with the specified hostel.
- We quote two prices on our website. These prices are Standard rates and YHA/HI Member rates. Standard rates apply to anyone who is not a member of YHA or any other Hostelling International Association worldwide.
- YHA New Zealand Members and Hostelling International Members receive 10% off the Standard rates - this rate is displayed on our website as Adult YHA/HI member and is per person, per night, unless otherwise stated.
- You may be requested to produce your YHA/HI Membership Card or photo ID on arrival.
- Children aged 18 or under are entitled to free YHA membership and for the purposes of a booking on the yha.co.nz website also pay the YHA/HI member rate.
- Double and twin rooms sleep two people, but may be booked for one person only. In this circumstance the room rate will apply.
- For persons under 18, free membership applies and there is no additional charge.
- Prices are quoted in New Zealand dollars, are subject to change without notice, and all persons are obliged to pay the overnight price current at the time of reservation.
- A booking confirmation and follow up communications related to your stay will be sent to the email address provided at he time of booking.
- YHA, its employees, contractors, and YHA Associate Hostels accept no responsibility for personal accidents, injury suffered or loss or damage to personal property while on hostel property. Travel Insurance is recommended.
- The minimum recommended age for children in Hostels is five years, but Hostel Managers may accept bookings for younger children provided a family room is available.
- YHA New Zealand, YHA Hostel Managers and staff retain the right to refuse accommodation at any time.
- Should your plans change, please either contact the YHA New Zealand Customer Services Team or the hostel directly as soon as possible.
- Whilst every endeavour will be made to ensure you are accommodated in the same room throughout your stay, due to limited availability at time of booking, it may be necessary for you to change rooms. If applicable, you will be advised of this at check-in. You will be accommodated in a room of similar or higher standard to that originally booked.
- Due to limited availability at time of booking, multi-share accommodation for two or more guests may be provided in separate rooms. Every endeavour will be made to ensure this does not occur, but should this be necessary you will be advised at check-in.
- During special events, additional terms and conditions may apply. Our cancellation policy is also subject to change during these times.
- To amend any bookings a NZ$5.00 amendment fee applies per transaction.
- Amendments to the date of arrival cannot be made on the day of arrival and will be treated as a same day cancellation, meaning no refund. This is regardless of the time of booking
- A booking for one hostel can be transferred to another hostel on the day of arrival, but is subject to availability
- If you do not advise the Hostel you are cancelling, there is no refund for the first night booked, and any subsequent nights booked but not cancelled.
- To cancel any bookings a NZ$5.00 cancellation fee applies per transaction.
- Prepaid bookings: For cancellations made before 6pm the day before arrival – full refund (less Agent’s commission if applicable), less a $5.00 transaction fee.
- Prepaid bookings: For cancellations made after 6pm the day before arrival – no refund for the first night, then full refund (less Agent’s commission if applicable) for subsequent nights.
- Unpaid bookings: For cancellations, $5.00 transaction fee applicable.
- Cancellations on bookings made on the day of arrival will receive no refund for the first night, normal cancellation policy applies for subsequent nights.
- If you do not advise the Hostel the non-arrival clause applies.
Refunds for cancelled bookings can be redeemed in two ways:
- Used to make an advance reservation for another Hostel in the YHA New Zealand network.
- Any refunds for accommodation and other services provided on this website can only be processed back to the original card debited.