With nearly thirty years of experience and more than 2.2 million journeys every year, Cover-More understands travellers.
Whether you're travelling overseas or around New Zealand, Cover-More Travel Insurance offers peace of mind and the freedom to venture virtually anywhere in the world with confidence, knowing you'll have support and assistance whenever you need it.
- 24/7 Emergency assistance
- Travel GP service
- Online claims (you can lodge your claim whilst travelling)
- Many existing medical conditions are automatically covered by the policy
- On-the-spot assessments online or by phone for any medical conditions not automatically covered
- Choose your own excess
- Working holidays – in New Zealand and overseas
- Automatic cover for a diverse range of activities subject to terms of cover, for example: Abseiling, Archery, Ballooning, Bungy Jumping, Flying Fox, Horse Riding, Jet Boating, Jet Skiing, Kayaking, Parasailing, Paragliding, Snorkelling, White Water Rafting, Scooters/motorcycles under 200cc (must wear a helmet at all times, see policy wording for full terms and conditions).
Contact YHA Customer Services for more information.
Cover for on piste snow skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling and cross-country skiing is available at an additional premium on both the Essentials and YourCover policies.
Feeling more adventurous and wanting to try out skydiving, heli-skiing, skiing or snowboarding off-piste? Or planning a motorcycle tour and requiring cover for the use of motorcycles over 200cc?
Cover-More’s YourCover policy, enables you to tailor your travel insurance to suit your travel style by adding on these optional extras (for an additional premium):
- Cancel for any reason
- Adventure activities
- Motorcycle/Moped riding
- Snow Sports
NOTE: Should you wish to purchase the Cancel for Any Reason add-on option, please contact YHA customer services to arrange this as it cannot be purchased online.
There’s nothing like travel to feed the soul and broaden the mind. And nothing like the unexpected to put a dampener on your plans, such as:
- Unexpected medical emergencies
- Natural disasters (earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, cyclones)
- Lost/stolen backpacks, passports, air-tickets, smartphones and money
- Scooter accidents
- Ski and snowboard injuries
- Cycling, kayaking, river rafting, horse riding and sky diving accidents, sometimes costing in excess of $100,000 or more. (Cover-More recently covered $746,000.00 in medical and repatriation costs for a sky diving accident in the USA. Read the story
Protect yourself in the event of a medical emergency, cancellation of your prepaid travel arrangements, missed flight connections, travel delay and lost luggage.