During Alert level 2 and 1, YHA is offering locals a 35% discount off all room types so locals can enjoy a full day and evening in your nearest city and town.
No need to rush home late at night or trying to catch the last taxi, bus or train. Just stay the night in affordable, comfortable and central locations.
YHA New Zealand, offers ensuite private rooms, ensuite dorms for your family bubble and large social spaces for relaxing and in-house cooking facilities.
Stay, play, and support your local businesses.
YHA is a New Zealand not-for-profit organisation built up by New Zealanders since 1932.
All you need to do is book direct with the hostel or email [email protected], and show evidence of residency on arrival as per the list below. Evidence of residency is as simple as bringing a utility bill and some associated photographic ID.
- If you are unable to provide evidence of local residency you will be charged the normal standard rate.
- One resident has to stay per booking.
- This rate is only available for stays of 5 days or less. For longer term stays please see Long Term Stays
- The rate is not applicable to group bookings (9 people or more).
YHA Hostels participating in this offer
email [email protected] to book
- YHA Auckland International - valid for residents of Auckland Region
- YHA Rotorua - valid for residents of Bay of Plenty
- YHA Wellington - valid for residents of Wellington region
- YHA Lake Tekapo and YHA Aoraki Mt Cook - valid for residents of South Canterbury & Waitaki
- YHA Christchurch - valid for residents of Mid and North Canterbury
- YHA Wanaka - valid for residents of Queenstown Lakes District & Central Otago
- YHA Queenstown Lakefront - Valid for residents of Queenstown Lakes District & Central Otago
- YHA Te Anau - valid for residents of Southland
- YHA Franz Josef - valid for residents of West Coast
Privately owned YHA Hostels participating in this offer - Phone or email direct