Membership Terms and Conditions
YHA New Zealand is a member-based organisation. Guests do not need to be members to gain access to our hostels.
1) Membership of YHA New Zealand can be achieved by purchasing a YHA New Zealand membership:
New Zealand residents purchase a YHA New Zealand membership on a renewable basis for one, two or three years or for a one-off Gold membership payment.
International membership is available to non-New Zealand residents and only under a one year membership term.
Purchasing or requesting an Endorsed Group Membership: this is available to all bona-fide New Zealand based organisations (such as schools, recreational, community or youth groups, etc.) with 10 or more members. YHA New Zealand reserves the right to ask for documentary evidence to confirm the validity of a group requesting YHA Endorsed Group status.
Membership from other YHA or Hostelling International organisations will be accepted in New Zealand provided the membership is valid. YHA or Hostelling International members do not need to re-join.
2) Any person may become a member of the Association, within an established membership class, upon:
- Signing the completed application form
- Agreeing to abide by the Association’s values, rules, and regulations of YHA New Zealand and the country in which they are travelling
- Payment of the appropriate subscription
- Receipt of a current membership card
- Membership fees are due in full at the time of application and are quoted in New Zealand dollars.
- YHA Membership will commence on the day on which an application is received and will continue until the relevant end period
- Membership is non-transferable and non-refundable
- All members are bound by the Association’s Constitution
3) Refusal of Membership:
The National Board may refuse membership to any person. The National Board is not required to state the reason for such refusal.
Once membership is purchased, all members shall be issued with a membership card which shall remain the property of the Association.
4) Privacy statement:
We do hold onto your personal information; however it will only be used for the purposes intended.
We will not pass your information on to third parties without your prior consent.
We may change these terms and conditions at any time by changing or removing existing terms or adding new ones. Changes may take the form of a completely new policy.