Options and Extras for Groups
Room types, meal options and transport are all your choice! Group bookings all include full kitchens, social areas, bedding and of course a dedicated Group Coordinator. Read on for the details!
Our Group Coordinators come as standard with any Group booking! They're your main point of contact for you booking and questions.
The team know all about the needs of groups and guide you through the whole process from your first enquiry to after you return home.
Some of the options and extras they'll help you with are:
- Providing Risk Assessment information and our Health and Safety procedures
- Room types, numbers and placement within the hostel
- Adding breakfast to your booking, restaurant recommendations and managing kitchen schedules
- Arranging Airport, ferry or train station transfers
- They'll even book your trains and ferries for you!
Pick your Room Options
It's not just dorms anymore! We've got private rooms too!
At many of our hostels you can choose to shared bathrooms or dorms or private rooms with ensuite bathrooms. And they all include you're bedding - no need to bring your sleeping bags!
Our team will work with you to arrange:
- The best mix of dorm and private rooms, with or without ensuites
- Gender separations for school and youth groups
- Privatising dorm rooms so they're just for your group
- Rooms grouped as close together as possible for ease of supervision
- Towel hire from just $1 per towel to lighten the packing
Self-Cater or Add Meals
Our hostels have well-equipped self-catering kitchens stocked with cutlery, crockery and utensils. In some hostels, we have more than one kitchen or dining area - handy for helping keep your group together and on the move in the mornings.
Just need to plan the menu and bring the groceries! We can also recommend local group and child-friendly restaurants.
If you want to bring even less with you add a continental breakfast to your booking!
For $10 per person we'll provide a buffet breakfast of cereal, tinned fruit, plain yoghurt, toast and spreads, fruit juice, milk, tea and coffee.
Activities & Transport
Our dedicated Groups Coordinators offer you a free booking service for activities and all land-based domestic travel.
We can book:
- Interislander and Bluebridge ferries
- Tranzalpine, Coastal Pacific and Northern Explorer trains
- Intercity coach travel and local shuttle services
- Local activities like zoo trips, cultural experiences and more
Need ideas? Let us help out with some suggestions. Email us at [email protected]
If you are looking for a more exclusive experience, we offer whole hostel bookings for the sole use of your party.
Our hostels are popular venues so we usually require 3 months notice to arrange exclusive use of the whole hostel. But we can also arrange wings, floors and units.
YHA Rotorua has two purpose-built groups units separate from the main hostel which can be booked exclusively for your group.
International Group Travel
For New Zealand groups travelling overseas, we can provide YHA Endorsed Group status. This is useful for countries which require Group membership for group bookings. Email [email protected] to learn more. Group memberships are not required for groups travelling in New Zealand.
YHA New Zealand is part of Hostelling International (HI) which connects Youth Hostel Associations from all over the world. HI Groups which pulls together all the information you need when considering group travel overseas.
Plan ahead with a cost estimate from our handy online tool.
Group Hostel Locations
From top to bottom our hostels are in excellent and convenient locations
Safety and Security
Download our Risk Assessment documents and read our commitment to group safety