Our commitment to you
- All bed linen including duvets, sheets and pillows is provided free of charge. Please note sleeping bags cannot be used at our hostels.
- Towels may be hired in advance, if required.
- Groups with members under the age of 18 years will be roomed together and are not permitted to share with other backpackers.
- Private rooms are available for leaders and drivers, with advance notice.
What we ask of you
- As a group you agree to abide by YHA New Zealand’s Hostel Regulations. Groups with members who are under 18 years of age require at least one adult for every ten under 18s.
- Although our bunks are fitted with safety rails, we do not recommend top bunks for children under the age of nine and all children should be discouraged from playing on bunk beds.
Group Estimate Terms and Conditions
- Group booking estimates are a non-binding estimated price for your group travel.
- Availability is not guaranteed for the dates entered in your booking estimate.
- No booking is made during the booking estimate process.
- Prices shown are per night and based on the information provided.
Booking Terms and Conditions
- We require your signed booking agreement to secure the quoted rates and availability.
- A 50% deposit is due upon your acceptance of our quote.
- All reservation requests are tentative until we have received your deposit.
- If we have not received your deposit by the due date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking.
- The deposit is refundable up to two months prior to your group’s arrival.
- Final payment is due in full one month prior to your group’s arrival.
- You must reconfirm your numbers at least one week prior to arrival by returning a completed rooming list to the hostel. We will supply you with the rooming list to complete.
Cancellations and Amendments
- If you cancel within one week of arrival we will charge you for the full stay.
- No shows will be charged in full.
- You can decrease your numbers by up to 10% from the original booking without penalty, providing you notify us at least one week prior to arrival.
- Any request to increase the size of your group will be accommodated, subject to availability, and the group will be charged accordingly.
- If there are discrepancies at the time of check in:
- We will make every reasonable effort to accommodate any new booking requirements which differ from the original group booking confirmation; although this cannot be guaranteed.
- We are not responsible for any changes or discrepancies in booking details that are not reflected in the original booking confirmation.