The Group Booking Process
An easy group stay starts with an easy booking process. From your initial planning to coming home from your trip, we have outlined what you can expect for your group stay with YHA.
Completing an instant online estimate
Perfect for those in the initial planning stages or pricing for board approvals.
- Simply enter your hostel and group details, and you’ll get an instant price you can use for your workings
- If you need more accuracy or want to check availability, you can request a quote from our Group Coordinators
- We keep an eye on completed estimates, so we can give you a heads up if we are full for your potential travel dates
Send an enquiry
You can contact our Group Coordinators via phone, email or our online enquiry form
- Once you get in touch, our Group Coordinators will check availability for your travel dates and send you a formal quote
- At some locations, like YHA Rotorua we may be able to offer booking a whole unit, floor or wing of the hostel
- They can look into catering, transport and activity options on your behalf if you’re busy or short on time!
Confirm a booking
- To accept your booking we ask that you read and accept your formal quote and group accommodation terms and conditions
- Once we have this we can book your beds and rooms, and send you a booking confirmation, invoice and payment due dates
- If you have any special requirements for making payments, let your Group Coordinator know when accepting your booking
- You can also let us know if you'd like added extras such as towel hire or breakfast
Before you arrive
- In the lead up to your stay, our Group Coordinators will provide you with important arrival and safety information for your group
- If you need RAM’s information earlier, simply ask your Group Coordinator or download from our website
- We’ll ask you to complete and return a rooming list close to the time of your stay so we can make your arrival as smooth as possible
Remember, all of our hostels provide all bed linen, and our kitchens are fully stocked with utensils, so you don’t need to make rosters or checklists for bringing any of these!
After your stay
- After your stay your Group Coordinator will check in with your group leader for feedback on your stay
- We use your survey answers to continuously improve our service and facilities to meet the needs and expectations of our groups
- It's also a great time to lock in next year's booking. We'll remind you a few months before and you know you'll be sorted!