Apply for the 2019 Cora Wilding Memorial Award
We'd like to know about you and your proposed personal development course. Fill out the form below and attach a Word or PDF document that outlines:
- Why you wish to attend the course and how the course will allow you to serve your community.
- How well your application aligns with Cora Wilding's intentions for YHA as outlined in YHA's Charitable Aims and Objects.
- Do you have the means to undertake your course without this funding?
- How does your application align with the above points?
- Any further details that would assist the Awards Committee in making its decisions.
- If you would like, you may also upload a character reference.
Applications are open 15 May - 30 June 2019.
Charitable Aims and Objects
To promote within New Zealand the education, health and well-being of people by providing encouragement and opportunity for the gaining of knowledge and awareness of:
- The culture of the countryside, towns, cities and peoples of New Zealand.
- The environment and the study of the same.
- The culture of other countries and peoples.
In furtherance of its charitable objects the Association shall provide hostels or similar accommodation, promote educational and recreational activities, facilitate travel and practice and promote environmental sustainability.
Submissions have now closed