- Ensuring YHA’s activities complement and advance the society in which it operates.
- Ensuring YHA staff are participating in a learning and development environment that inspires them to service excellence.
- Maintaining a commitment to a safe and healthy work environment which respects, supports and develops staff.
- Providing hostel accommodation experiences to guests which encourage interpersonal, educational and cross-cultural experiences.
- Participating in local communities so that hostels contribute to the social fabric of those communities.
- Minimising YHA’s impact on climate change by reducing the carbon footprint of all aspects of operations
- Developing and operating hostels in accordance with HI’s Sustainability Charter.
- Contributing to and/or co-ordinating specific environmental projects, both nationally and in the local community.
- Ensuring YHA’s financial viability into the future.
- Embracing the values of sustainability in making financial and business decisions.
- Committing resources and finance in support of triple bottom line activity and projects.
- Actively encouraging YHA’s suppliers and business partners to adopt sustainable business practices.