HI-Q and HI-Q&S are long-term Quality and Sustainability Management Systems that are suitable to the size and scope of hostelling and address social, environmental, economic, quality, human rights, health, safety, risk and crisis management issues. They have a unique framework that allows HI Hostels and HI Associations to drive continuous improvement and advance their quality and sustainability practices.
Implementing HI-Q and HI-Q&S helps deliver the HI Mission, assures operational efficiency, risk management and customer satisfaction while helping our guests make informed decisions and be part of a global community of responsible travellers.
• Is a development tool for both hostels and associations.
• Includes processes, methods and ways of working.
• Provides training tools, guidelines and practical examples.
• Includes the HI Standards.
• Is focused on ensuring financial sustainability and customer satisfaction.
• Includes all HI-Q development tools and processes.
• Adds social and environmental aspects to economic sustainability.
• Sets standards for environmental and social aspects.
• Adds 10 areas of Sustainable Hostelling to help you communicate what the system is all about and addresses the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
• Is recognised by the Global Sustainable Tourism Council.