Every month we draw a winner from the names of everyone who booked accommodation for their group that month. The prize? Two nights for two people at a YHA-managed hostel of the winner's choice!
Terms and Conditions:
1. Information on how to enter the competition forms part of the conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed as acceptance of its terms and conditions.
2. YHA New Zealand, PO Box 436, Christchurch, New Zealand is the promoter of this competition (the *Promoter*).
3. Entry is only open to New Zealand Residents. YHA New Zealand staff, contractors, agents and their immediate families are not eligible to enter. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries.
4. To qualify for the prize draw you need to make a direct group booking (10 or more guests) at participating hostels during the month of the prize draw.
5. The winner will receive the following prize:
- Two nights for two guests in a private room (ensuite where available) at a YHA managed hostel.
- The winner must provide notice of holiday at least 2 weeks prior to the intended travel date but more lead time is advisable.
- Travel must be taken by the specified date (usually 12 months)
- Voucher is not valid for public holiday weekends
- YHA New Zealand will organise and secure the bookings in consultation with the winner.
6. Prize draws will occur monthly ('Monthly Draw'). The promotion period for each Monthly Draw begins on the fist day of the month and ends on the last day of the month. Prizes will be drawn in the first 5 business days of the following month.
7. The prize cannot be converted into cash, and is not transferable to any other individual.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize in whole (or any of its components), with a substitute prize of equal or greater value.
9. Once booked, no changes can be made to bookings. If the winner can no longer travel for any reason after the Prize is booked, the Promoter does not take responsibility for the winner losing parts or all of the components of the Prize as a result, no substitute will be offered.
10. Attempts will be made to notify the winner by phone at the contact telephone number or the email address provided on the competition entry. At that time winners will be advised as to how they will receive their prize. If the Promoter, having used reasonable efforts, is unable to contact the winner after the then the prize is forfeited and a further draw(s) will be conducted from the remaining eligible entries. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. By entering the Promotion the entrant consents to use the winners details and photographs on YHA New Zealand's online properties (including the YHA website, Facebook, Twitter and Google+).
12. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this competition.
13. Neither the Promoter nor any other person or party associated with this competition shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in this competition or with any prizes offered.
14. The Promoter collects entrants’ personal information in order to conduct the competition. If the information requested is not provided, the entrant may not participate in the competition. Acceptance of the prize is deemed consent for the Promoter to use the winner’s details for promotional and media purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation.
15. The promoter may vary these terms and conditions and may disqualify entrants, terminate, suspend, modify or cancel the contest or the prize at any time without notice.
16. This competition is subject to the laws of New Zealand. Both the Promoter and you, and any party which uses or takes the benefit of any prize awarded accept the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.