To Enter: Head to our Facebook page and comment on our GIVEAWAY POST!
Tell Us: What you're looking forward to doing in the beautiful Lake Tekapo after the lockdown is lifted, and who you'll be taking with you!
You can enter multiple times by tagging different people too! Read on for important terms & conditions...
YHA 'Tekapo Anniversary' Giveaway Terms and Conditions
- The ‘Tekapo Anniversary' Giveaway is run by YHA New Zealand, whose registered office is at Level 1,166 Moorhouse Ave, Sydenham, Christchurch, 8011.
- You can submit your entry any time between NZT 12pm 17th April 2020 - 12pm 24th April 2020 by commenting on the relevant Facebook post. [https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=567409153873855]
- The competition is open to anyone worldwide aged 18 years or over except employees of YHA New Zealand, associate hostels, and participating tourism operators, this includes anyone within the YHA New Zealand organisation or judging of the competition.
- This competition is not affiliated with Facebook or Instagram.
- Information on how to enter the competition forms part of the entry. Entry into the competition is deemed as acceptance of its terms and conditions.
- An entry must state why you'd like to visit Lake Tekapo, the name of the person you would like to take with you. YHA New Zealand has the sole discretion to determine whether or not an entry meets the requirements. Entry is automatic upon submitting a comment that meets these requirements.
- No purchase, entry fee or payment is necessary to enter this competition.
- An entrant may enter as many times as they like with varied entries.
- YHA New Zealand reserves the right to deny entry or remove entry from the competition for any reason.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for any reason.
- Winners will be chosen from all eligible entries during the competition period by YHA New Zealand. If the winners cannot be contacted within 5 working days of the competition closing a new winner will be selected. All decision made by YHA New Zealand are final.
- Winners are chosen at random fairly with individual prizes randomly assigned to each winner. YHA New Zealand decision is final with no opportunity for negotiation. Entrants will not be eligible to win more than one single prize from this giveaway.
- The Prizes are not refundable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash or foreign exchange.
- Any attempt to resell or auction all or any part of the Prize will result in an immediate cancellation of the Prize.
- YHA New Zealand reserves the right to determine what the prize pack consists of even after the competition has ended.
- YHA New Zealand reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition, prizes and these terms and conditions without notice. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible.
- By commenting for entry, the entrant hereby agrees to participate in any publicity related to the competition. Winners in the competition agree their identity may be disclosed in winner announcements and promotional material.
- Any information provided by you in connection with a ‘Tekapo Anniversary' giveaway entry will be dealt with in accordance with these terms and conditions, and the YHA website terms and conditions.
- YHA New Zealand is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- Winners will be chosen within a week of the competition closing.
- YHA New Zealand will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- YHA New Zealand assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in downloading any materials in this competition.
- Neither YHA New Zealand nor any other person or party associated with this competition shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in this competition or with any prizes offered.
- If prizes are not redeemed during individual redemption periods, they will be forfeited.
- These terms and conditions do not replace YHA New Zealand operating Terms and Conditions. All prize terms and conditions still apply.
- This competition is subject to the laws of New Zealand. Both YHA New Zealand and you, and any party which uses or takes the benefit of any prize awarded accept the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
SECTION B: Redemption of Prizes
- Prizes are subject to the operation and availability of each provider. Validation dates may be altered due to the current unfolding Covid19 situation.
- As some prizes are accommodation, the winner must provide a minimum of two weeks’ notice of holiday dates and it is recommended to provide more lead time to secure room availability. YHA New Zealand Customer Services team will organise and secure the bookings in consultation with the winner. Normal booking terms and conditions apply. Accommodation cannot be redeemed on New Zealand public holidays. Booking with YHA is subject to availability and excluding statutory public holiday weekends and 23rd December – 2nd January. Valid for 12 months until April 2021.