We want to help you reach your personal development goals!
Win up to $5,000 for a personal development training course or project that will benefit you and your local community.
In honour of Cora Wilding, who founded YHA New Zealand in 1932, this award aims to motivate and inspire New Zealanders to pursue their goals and help their communities.
The Award is open to all New Zealand residents and is granted to a maximum of two individuals per year. Awardees will also receive a one-year YHA membership.
Sarah Lawrence received funding towards a publication featuring recipes and interviews from refugees. Thomas James received funds towards a Spirit of Adventure development voyage. Read more
How to Apply
Complete the online application form once applications open. Include a description of your proposed personal development course or project, including:
- Why you wish to attend the course
- How the course will allow you to serve your community
- How your application aligns with Cora Wilding's intentions for YHA as per our Charitable Aims and Objects
- If you have the means to undertake your course without this funding
- Any further details that would assist the Awards Committee in making its decision
Submissions for 2018 have closed. Please check back in May for the 2019 Awards.