We want to help you reach your personal development goals!
Win up to $5,000 for a personal development training course or project that will benefit you and your local community.
In honour of Cora Wilding, who founded YHA New Zealand in 1932, this award aims to motivate and inspire New Zealanders to pursue their goals and help their communities.
The Award is open to all New Zealand residents and is granted to a maximum of two individuals per year. Awardees will also receive a one-year YHA membership.
Thomas James received funds towards a Spirit of Adventure development voyage. Students from Rangi Ruru Girls School were also successful in their application to publish a book featuring recipes and interviews from refugees and migrants. Read more
How to Apply
Complete the online application form once applications open. Include a description of your proposed personal development course or project, including:
- Why you wish to attend the course
- How the course will allow you to serve your community
- How your application aligns with Cora Wilding's intentions for YHA as per our Charitable Aims and Objects
- If you have the means to undertake your course without this funding
- Any further details that would assist the Awards Committee in making its decision
Applications are open until 30 June 2019.
- There is no age restriction on who can apply
- All applications are reviewed by the Awards Committee who will select the winner/s
- The selected winner/s will be notified, generally by 31st July 2019
- Fund are usually paid directly to the organisation running the training course or developing the project, and not to the applicant themselves
- The winner/s agrees to provide YHA New Zealand with a summary of their experience and how it affected them, along with some photographs
- The winner/s consent to YHA New Zealand using the information and photos they provide us for our website and in our Annual Report