In celebration of the holidays & to get you exploring New Zealand in 2021
we're giving away travel prize packs every day from the 7th - 18th December!
How To Enter: Click the gifts below & tag a friend in the giveaway posts on Facebook as we unwrap them each day.
YHA New Zealand ‘12 Days of Giveaways’ Competition Terms and Conditions
SECTION A: Competition
- The ‘12 Days of Giveaways’ Competition is run by YHA New Zealand, whose registered office is at Level 1,166 Moorhouse Ave, Sydenham, Christchurch, 8011.
- You can submit your '12 Days of Giveaways' entry for each individual giveaway within a 48 hour period of post by commenting and tagging a friend.
- The competition is open to anyone worldwide aged 18 years or over except employees of YHA New Zealand, associate hostels, and participating tourism operators, this includes anyone within the YHA New Zealand organisation or judging of the competition.
- This competition is not affiliated with Facebook or Instagram.
- Information on how to enter the competition forms part of the entry. Entry into the competition is deemed as acceptance of its terms and conditions.
- YHA New Zealand has the sole discretion to determine whether or not an entry meets the requirements. Entry is automatic upon submitting a comment that meets these requirements.
- No purchase, entry fee or payment is necessary to enter this competition.
- An entrant may enter as many times as they like with varied entries but is only able to win a single prize of the 12 on offer. Individuals who have won prizes from previous YHA New Zealand social media competitions in the past 12 months are not eligible to win any of the 12 prizes.
- YHA New Zealand reserves the right to deny entry or remove entry from the competition for any reason.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for any reason.
- Winners will be chosen from all eligible entries during the competition period by YHA New Zealand. If the winners cannot be contacted within 5 working days of the competition closing a new winner will be selected. All decision made by YHA New Zealand are final.
- The Prizes are not refundable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash or foreign exchange.
- Any attempt to resell or auction all or any part of the Prize will result in an immediate cancellation of the Prize.
- YHA New Zealand reserves the right to determine or alter what the prize pack consists of even after the competition has ended.
- YHA New Zealand reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition, prizes and these terms and conditions without notice. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible.
- By entering, the entrant hereby agrees to participate in any publicity related to the competition. Winners in the competition agree their identity may be disclosed in winner announcements and promotional material.
- Any information provided by you in connection with a ‘12 Days of Giveaways’ entry will be dealt with in accordance with these terms and conditions, and the YHA website terms and conditions.
- YHA New Zealand is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- Winners will be chosen within 1 day of each giveaway post closing.
- YHA New Zealand will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- YHA New Zealand assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in downloading any materials in this competition.
- Neither YHA New Zealand nor any other person or party associated with this competition shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in this competition or with any prizes offered.
- If prizes are not redeemed during individual redemption periods, they will be forfeited.
- These terms and conditions do not replace YHA New Zealand operating Terms and Conditions. All prize terms and conditions still apply.
- This competition is subject to the laws of New Zealand. Both YHA New Zealand and you, and any party which uses or takes the benefit of any prize awarded accept the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
SECTION B: Redemption of Prizes
- YHA New Zealand accommodation credit must be booked with Customer Services team with a minimum of two weeks' notice of stay dates with more lead time recommended to secure preferred dates. Normal booking terms and conditions apply. Accommodation credit is valid 06/01/2021 until 15/12/2021, is subject to availability and cannot be redeemed on public holidays or long weekend dates. 3 day accommodation prizes are limited to YHA managed hostels: Auckland, Rotorua, Wellington, Christchurch, Franz Josef, Lake Tekapo, Aoraki Mt Cook, Wanaka, Queenstown and Te Anau.
- All prizes are subject to availability, the operation of the provider and cannot be redeemed on public holidays or long weekend dates.
- Kaitiaki Adventures Mount Tarawera Crater Walk Passes and SOBAR Voucher are valid until 01/04/2021.
- Wild Wire Go Wild Waterfall Climb Pass are valid from 20/01/2021 until 01/07/2021.
- Altitude Tours Tour Passes are valid from 10/01/2020 until 01/12/2021.
- Glacier Hot Pool Passes are valid until 12/12/2021.
- Tekapo Springs Combo Passes are valid until 15/12/2021.
- Tekapo Stargazing Tour Passes are valid until 15/12/2021.
- Auckland Whale & Dolphin Safari Tour Passes are valid until 15/12/2021.
- YHA Bay of Islands, The Rock Day Cruise Passes are valid until 15/12/2021.
- Aoraki Mount Cook Ski Planes & Helicopters Flight voucher is valid until 15/12/2021.
- Skydive Pass is valid until 15/12/2021 and may be used at any one of the bases in Franz Josef, Aoraki Mt Cook or Abel Tasman